Indoor Air Quality Services in New Orleans, Metairie, Marrero, Gretna, LA & Surrounding Areas
Indoor air quality is hard to see but easy to feel if it’s lacking in your New Orleans home. Our team at Express Heating & Air Conditioning will help you assess and improve your home’s indoor air quality so everyone can breathe easily in your living space.
What is Indoor Air Quality?
Indoor air quality (IAQ) is the condition of the air inside your home. This is impacted by gases and airborne particles in your living space. Some pollutants, like cigarette smoke, are easy to notice. However, even common household items can release harmful gases and lower your IAQ. New carpeting, upholstery, flooring, cabinets, furniture, and pressed wood products can release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that impact air quality.
Poor IAQ can cause health problems for those who are exposed to this air on a regular basis. Meanwhile, having good IAQ can improve your sleep, increase your comfort, enhance your health, and even boost your productivity. Express Heating & Air Conditioning can help you improve your IAQ in several ways.
How Do I Know if I Have Poor IAQ?
If you’re concerned about the IAQ in your home, our technicians at Express Heating & Air Conditioning can help you assess your air quality and identify the most pressing issues. There are some common signs that will let you know you should start thinking about the air quality in your living space. You may have trouble with your IAQ if those living in your home:
- Have asthma or allergy symptoms that are worse at home
- Suffer from chronic respiratory problems
- Have frequent headaches at home
- Suffer from dry, itchy skin
- Experience dry, watery eyes
- Suffer from unexplained fatigue
- Have frequent dizzy spells
- Experience chronic sneezing and coughing
- Suffer from unexplained nausea
How to Improve Indoor Air Quality
Our team at Express Heating & Air Conditioning is dedicated to helping you get the comfort you deserve in your New Orleans home. We can evaluate your IAQ and provide custom recommendations that target the distinct problem areas in your living space. Some popular solutions that we may recommend include:
- Air Cleaners or Air Purifiers: These systems clean the air throughout your home, removing pollutants such as dust, dander, and microbial growth from the home.
- UV lights: UV lights kill the biological growth that collects on the indoor coil of your cooling system.
- Air Dehumidifiers: We install dehumidifiers directly in your HVAC system to decrease humidity throughout your home.
To learn more about our indoor air quality services, contact us today. Our service area includes Arabi, Boutte, Chalmette, Gretna, Harvey, Kenner, Luling, Marrero, Metairie, New Orleans, Westwego, LA and the surrounding areas.